Pages

Wednesday 26 April 2023

#NaPoWriMo Day 14 I Haven't a Clue Whose Woods These Are

 #NaPoWriMo Day 14 

The challenge was to write a parody of a famous poem. 

So here's my parody of Stopping By Woods On a Snowy Evening by Robert Frost... 


I haven't a clue whose woods these are. 

The owner may live very far

And he may have CCTV

To see me stop and take a wee. 


My moped's running out of gas.                 

The service station I did pass. 

Between the pub and my campervan

I dropped my phone, I'm feeling crass. 


I try to rev the engine up, 

Take out my bottle for a sup. 

I hear a police car drawing near

The siren's screech is very clear. 


The ditch is muddy, deep and wide          

But I have stolen goods to hide. 

I'll bury them before I'm spied

I'll bury them before I'm spied.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Sometimes Wish I was a Tree

 I sometimes wish I was a tree My arms raised worshipping the starred sky,  The moon with her lily light shine Feeling the magic of the soft...