Pages

Wednesday 26 April 2023

#NaPoWriMo Day 9 Gaia's Child

 #NaPoWriMo Day 9 

*Sonnet Sunday!* Never having written a sonnet before I'm quite glad to have managed it 😅 


Gaia's Child 


Does the golden mist rise from the river? 

Does the lone kingfisher dive like a dart? 

Can she spear silver fish all aquiver? 

Can electric flash make cold waters part? 

Do red kites fly free above tall treetops? 

Does tiny wren hop low upon the ground? 

I'll sit here 'til my breathing almost stops, 

Listening to a symphony of sound. 

When harvest moon lies upon the water 

And naked trees dance pale in the breeze, 

You'll see I have become Gaia's daughter

Her beauty fills my heart and mind with ease. 

Nature surrounds me, I feel like a child. 

I love my boat life, was born to be wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Sometimes Wish I was a Tree

 I sometimes wish I was a tree My arms raised worshipping the starred sky,  The moon with her lily light shine Feeling the magic of the soft...