Pages

Wednesday 26 April 2023

#NaPoWriMo Day 11 Overheard Words

 #NaPoWriMo Day 11

The prompt challenged us to play around with overheard language. So here's mine called Overheard Words... 


Back to back

Or side by side

A snippet of

Our separateness

Unwilling eavesdrop

Listens in

Your Words a snapshot

Stranger things


Glancing off                                                  

 Leaving their marks

Cruel 

Ecstatic

Words of fear

Or kind

And lilting

To my ear

Your words not mine

Misunderstood

Not Telepathic

Tower of Babel

Words that injure

Words that heal

Chinese whispers

Gossiping                                                      

Love poetry

Verbal abuse

Jokes

First words

Remembrances

Words can start or halt a war

Words will make a fight or mend it


When all our words are finally done

And hurled through space towards the sun 

What will our final symphony be

Choose with care

Each syllable

For once emitted

Words are free

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Sometimes Wish I was a Tree

 I sometimes wish I was a tree My arms raised worshipping the starred sky,  The moon with her lily light shine Feeling the magic of the soft...