Pages

Wednesday 26 April 2023

#NaPoWriMo Day 12 Dear Poem

 #NaPoWriMo Day 12

Today we were challenged to write a poem that addresses itself or some aspect of itself. So here's mine... 

                                                                        🤔

Why do I write you poem

Is there any need

What is the benefit 

Who really pays you heed? 


Multicoloured offerings

Nonsense words that spew

Jangling fetid frothy things

Are better out of view


Why do I write you poem

What are you for

What is the benefit? 

Oh poem I implore


At times you slide out freely

Golden moments fly

Petals on the river

Rainbows in the sky

Haiku, sonnets, made up trot      

Discarded bits of whim

Sometimes I think it might be best 

To keep the fuckers in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Sometimes Wish I was a Tree

 I sometimes wish I was a tree My arms raised worshipping the starred sky,  The moon with her lily light shine Feeling the magic of the soft...