Pages

Wednesday 26 April 2023

#NaPoWriMo Day 22 A Whining Fellow in the Night

 #NaPoWriMo Day 22 We had to make up our own poem based on an Emily Dickinson poem that I've never read before. I based mine on "A Narrow Fellow in the Grass" 


A Whining Fellow in the Night


A whining fellow in the night

Occasionally rides

You may have heard him

Did you not?                                                   

He smells you from afar. 


You'll hear him fly

Around your ear

He's hardly ever seen

And then he bites

A juicy bit

Some part that's poking out.


He likes a boggy acre

A hot damp atmosphere

And when your body's naked

He sneaks up very near.        


Sometimes at night you'll see him

Relaxing on your wall

You swipe your shoe                                   

Not fast enough, he simply buzzes off. 


I love the things of nature

The creatures that I meet

But this one I could murder

If only I was fleet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Sometimes Wish I was a Tree

 I sometimes wish I was a tree My arms raised worshipping the starred sky,  The moon with her lily light shine Feeling the magic of the soft...