Pages

Wednesday 26 April 2023

#NaPoWriMo Day 18 River ABC

 #NaPoWriMo Day 18

Today we were challenged to write an abecedarian poem, a poem in which the word choice follows the letters/order of the alphabet. Anyway I did one... 


A-ll around my little

B-oat

C-hange is clear to see

D-ucks dip downstream and

E-very creature wakes and seeks a mate 


F-ish spawn with frenzy, wild

G-eese chase 

H-erons hunt alone 

I love the way of nature and I love my Springtime home 


J-ust when the sun is going down

K-eep watching 

L-earn to listen 

M-osquitoes may not be your friends but

N-ight-time bats will eat them 


O-wls spectate and oversee the      

P-layful little otters, they

Q-uest for food and swim so fast to catch fish for their supper 


R-ed kites fly high in bright sunrise

S-wans swim so serenely 

T-he little mouse 

U-pon the

V-ines

W-inks and squeeks words 

that are

X-rated 

Y??? 

She likes to say just what she thinks 

and eats poems with                              

Z-est until she's really sated

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Sometimes Wish I was a Tree

 I sometimes wish I was a tree My arms raised worshipping the starred sky,  The moon with her lily light shine Feeling the magic of the soft...